Integrated Security Solutions To Enhance Facility Safety
published on April 08, 2015 by Jon Ecker
Security systems of the past were isolated, but today’s security systems integrate to reach across an entire organization. IP-based security systems are revolutionizing the security industry by aggregating security data and organizational processes to help facilities be smarter about how they operate and how they defend against potential threats.
Integrated security systems not only capture more information – they also allow an organization to outsource key security functions to strengthen security and optimize facility management.
Laying The Foundation For Forward-Thinking Security
The beginning of any integrated security system starts with an IP network. IP-based security technologies allow for higher quality, more sophisticated data and increased security coverage. Never before have such high-definition devices like surveillance cameras, motion detection and access control systems come together in a single optimized security solution.
With an IP-based security system, the faster flow of better information increases your team’s reaction time. Plus, security technology operating off of your network creates unlimited scalability for your entire solution.
Leveraging Remote Monitoring Services
The beauty of remote monitoring is the ability to enable a fresh set of eyes to view your site on a regular schedule using consistent protocols for every incident. The remote monitoring packages below are just a few examples of how integrators are pairing technology with offsite support:
- Remote Video Monitoring: The ability for someone to monitor your premises and talk to unidentified visitors through voice-down technology is invaluable for a variety of industries. In the case where guards are discouraged from becoming involved with a potential intruder, this service acts as a deterrent for bad behavior.
- Remote Visitor Management: This service forces any visitor entering a facility to request access through an intercom connected to a remote guard who speaks and interacts with that person. The offsite guard verifies credentials and permits or restricts access remotely. Perfect for single-entry or multi-facility access, remote visitor management acts as a guard complement during prime hours or a replacement during off hours. This type of technology increases security and enhances amenities.
- Remote Heartbeat Monitoring: Many institutions lack the resources to monitor the health of every system at their site. Security system health monitoring ensures your building’s defenses never go down. If you lose a server or a camera goes blind, an offsite security team will know before you do, and enact recourse or alert your facility’s own security team.
- Cloud Storage: Growing as a component in every security solution, cloud technology increases storage capabilities and allows you to access your technology from anywhere at any time. Depending on the number of devices on site, a hybrid approach between servers and cloud storage is a cost-effective solution for many facilities.
The Benefits Behind Remote Security Management
Whether you’re looking to replace or multiply your security force, the combination of remote monitoring and integrated security technologies offers a few benefits to organizations:
- Leveraging current security technology in a more comprehensive solution
- Reducing the need for onsite hardware and technical resources
- Heightening building security through 24/7/365 protection
- Improving operational efficiencies throughout your facility
Match your security needs with the right remote monitoring service to better administer, manage and monitor your facility’s security.
Learn more about remote security management and how pairing security technologies with managed services results in a cost-effective security solution with wider coverage and greater organizational support. Click below to download Remote Monitoring: Why Your Security Force Needs Support.